The role of the Director of International Sales is to manage the company's business outside of the United States. You will be responsible for identifying countries with business potential for the company's brands and creating strategies and tactics to penetrate these markets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify countries with business potential for Company brands. Create strategies and tactics to penetrate these markets.
- Recruit high-potential, ethical sales agents and distributors to represent Company brands across the globe.
- Identify, assess and contract in-country distributors and sales agents to represent company brands. Develop contracts with sales agents to achieve win-win outcomes in the marketplace.
- Determine the right product mix for international markets. Work with internal R&D, Finance, Quality and Procurement to modify product formulations where warranted and required.
- Understand each country’s regulatory and legal requirements.
- Lead product registration requirements and manage the registration process with outside expert resources.
- Oversee the preparation of regulatory documentation and manage an internal database relating to company’s products’ compliance with foreign governments’ products regulations.
- Establish pricing that reflects all sales, marketing, and distribution costs and achieves target margin hurdles.
- In conjunction with the local market distributors/ sales agents:
- Achieve broad distribution in brick and mortar stores and in-country internet.
- Create advertising, consumer education, merchandising and promotional programing to drive consumer sales.
- Set guidelines and processes to address country-specific requests for unique formulations, packaging, and merchandising.
- Develop the annual budget, sales plan and monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- Supervise a staff of internal managers at Company headquarters.
- Communicate regularly with each country to monitor business performance, identify opportunities and drive the business.
- Work closely with Company Marketing to leverage new US innovation worldwide.
- Minimum 4 years’ International sales and marketing experience within consumer packaged goods category.
- Sales & Marketing experience in food products, health & beauty and supplements.
- Strong communication and leadership ability.
- Experience leading cross-functional groups, Regulatory, Manufacturing, Procurement, Finance, Sales.
- Knowledge of regulatory environment pertaining to dietary supplements highly value.
- BS Degree – MBA Preferred
- Willing to travel up to 25%.
***If you are interested in this role or other positions with The Garner Group, please submit your resume using the link below. Alternatively, you send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.