The Chief Marketing Officer will be responsible for all strategic planning and execution of the company product portfolio including branding, product development/design, and sales messaging. The mission of this position is to build the brands, expand the market strategy and provide executive leadership to ensure internal synergy across functions. The CMO will have an in-depth knowledge of the Nutritional/ Dietary Supplement Industry with an emphasis on Product Development.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Business planning
- Market research
- Product development
- Margin setting
- Market testing
- Promotional programs
- Advertising sales analysis
- Packaging development
This position is also responsible for leading product development and innovation in the organization.
- 10+ years of Marketing experience.
- 5+ Marketing Experience with Nutritional Supplements in Marketing and product development (Required)
- Strong love and knowledge of the natural channel and dietary supplements.
- Entrepreneurial style with "rolled-up-sleeves" work ethic.
- Measurable track record of success driving sales and profit in the Supplement Space.
- Strong strategic planning skills in marketing sales and business strategy, coupled with the ability to manage big picture.
- Experience managing smaller brands without a giant marketing budget.
- Strong Team Builder with track record recruiting, developing and retaining, inspiring and motivating a cohesive team.
- Must work extremely closely with VP Sales and have an understanding of trade marketing as well as brand marketing.