An early-stage (well-funded- recent Series A) FoodTech company in the plant-based sector is looking for a Business Development Officer (big game hunter) to lead the Commercial development efforts in the US and globally. This executive will work across the US food & beverage industry landscape in the US to identify potential partners, and structure and negotiate pre-and post-commercial partnerships.
Working from a remote office in the United States, you will partner with the CEO as part of the 'A Team.’
• Identify growth opportunities, initiate projects and turn them into commercial business
• Gather market knowledge, market intelligence and competitive insights to sustain innovative growth
• Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers, suppliers, distributors and key stakeholders
• Own the commercial negotiation process, pricing and customer relationships - structuring and negotiating partnerships
• Travel approximately 25% including international.
• Experience in a commercial and/or business development position in the international food ingredients business
• Demonstrated successful track record of developing, negotiating and closing large partnership deals; especially in new markets.
• Up-to-date knowledge of the US food industry and its relevant food companies, ingredient suppliers and market trends
• Self-starting and entrepreneurial individual, who is comfortable working within a small team and able to open doors to potential customers
• Ability to learn quickly, and some comfort with a highly technical industry;
• Previous experience introducing new technology or products to market a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills, good negotiation, persuasion and closing skills;
• “Hands-on” approach to business development.
• Be comfortable undertaking educating and presenting to a cross-culture customer base
• International business experience; global citizen
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in (a Food) Science, Commercial or Business related study