Business Development Manager with experience in the ingredients industry needed to develop a US market for branded ingredient backed by clinical studies.
You will develops new business by analyzing account potential; initiating, developing, and closing sales; recommending new applications and sales strategies.
This is a virtual role with national travel throughout the United States.
Business Development Manager Ingredients will:
* Researches & identifies the target market & customer base.
* Identifies development potential in accounts by studying current business; interviewing key customer personnel and company personnel who have worked with customer; identifying and evaluating additional needs; analyzing opportunities.
* Initiates sales process by building relationships; qualifying potential; scheduling appointments.
* Plans & prepares customer and/or industry presentations.
* Develops sales by making initial presentation; explaining product and service enhancements and additions; introducing new products and services.
* Oversees the development of marketing literature.
* Develops new applications by preparing specifications; conferring with product engineering.
* Closes sales by overcoming objections; preparing contracts.
* Contributes information to sales strategies by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive products; analyzing and relaying customer reactions.
* Leverages current alliances and customer relationships to further expand business development opportunities at all levels.
* Gains in depth knowledge of company's products, operations and systems.
* Develops & maintains market studies/data bases based on regions of responsibility, product types, applications, etc.
* Assists and supports related departments. Obtain & convey information as necessary.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Networks with industry leaders and builds relationships to facilitate expanded sales opportunities.
* Minimum 5-7 years experience in a sales or business development role.
* Client Base, Establishes Partnerships/Alliances, Prospecting Skills, Meeting Sales Goals, Foster Teamwork, Planning, Building Relationships, People Skills, Initiative, Customer Focus, Emphasizing Excellence
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Strong Oral and written communication abilities.
* Able to organize, coordinate and direct projects.
* Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
If you are interested in this role or others with our client companies in the food production, dietary supplement, or nutritional / food ingredient industries, please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.