Privately-held, manufacturer of dietary supplements in the Portland, Oregon area seeks a Sales Manager to direct and oversee the company’s sales efforts as well as the internal client services team. We are looking for a proven sales leader with industry background in food production, nutritional ingredients or custom contract manufacturing.
Position Scope and Responsibilities:
· In conjunction with CEO, devise overall sales strategy and infrastructure;
· Establish account and territory strategies for the company;
· Recruitment and coaching/development of outside sales and internal client services team;
· Create and oversee tracking reports for accountability purposes;
· Lead regular sales meetings;
· Participate in sales calls with sales team to observe, coach and support the selling process;
· Directly manage and sell to select key accounts;
· Responsible for revenue forecasting and budgets;
· Achieving all revenue targets as outlined in Company Annual Plan (both individual and team goals);
· Hold regular one-on-one meetings with each sales team member to development and monitor personal goals;
· Maintain sales compensation plans to insure sellers are fairly compensated and properly motivated;
· Travel as necessary for business development meetings, client visits, industry events or trade shows.
Experience / Skills Required:
· Experience developing and implementing sales infrastructure (sales comp plans, territory and account strategies, reporting, quotas, prospecting activity expectations, etc.);
· Successful track record of closing new accounts. Previous experience as a strong seller prior to entering sales management;
· Sales experience in the food production, nutritional ingredients or custom manufacturing industries;
· Documented success in both top and bottom line revenue growth;
· Sales team management experience;
· Bachelor degree in business or technical desired.
Personal Characteristics & Cultural Fit:
· Willing to manage company sales efforts as well as personal quota;
· Skilled in all forms of communication;
· Willingness to learn;
· Can do: solution oriented;
· Very strong work ethic, self-motivated;
· Decisive: action oriented
If you are interested in this role or others with our client companies in the food production, dietary supplement, or nutritional /food ingredient industries, please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of our consultants will respond when we receive your resume.