Our client, a global ingredient manufacturer, is looking to hire a food scientist with product development expertise in RTD (ready-to-drink), powders and snack foods. The role will support the sales team focused on the Performance Nutrition and weight management catergories.
- In conjunction with the commercial team, represent the company to current and prospective customers within the Performance Nutrition and weight management sector.
- Develop a thorough understanding of customer base, product development and market trends for the performance nutrition sector.
- Develop detailed technical knowledge of the products and propositions offered by the company as well as competitors’ products and value propositions.
- Develop high quality, great tasting product prototypes.
- Support customers with their product development requests using the company's ingredients and identify unique solutions.
- Translate the needs of the customer into technical briefings for internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with their technical, commercial and operational personnel to manage the process from customer need identification to commercial implementation.
- Demonstrate leadership within role through continuous improvement in ways of working and support of the company's customers.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline, preferably Food Technology or related.
- Custome-facing experience (technical support) working in the food ingredients and/or nutrition industry.
- Strong understanding of RTD beverage development, processing, and ingredients.
- 4-5 years’ experience in a technical support/sales role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Comfortable working with a low level of direct supervision.
- Demonstrated Innovative and creative product development skills.
- Result oriented and ambitious.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to travel 30%.
- Good computer skills, competency with MS Office suite and CRM systems.
***If you are interested in this role or other positions with The Garner Group,
please submit your resume using the link below.
Alternatively, you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.