Our client, a European contract manufacturing company of powdered food ingredients is looking for an energetic, hands-on, team oriented General Manager to run one of their newer facilities in Illinois.
The role will oversee a food and nutraceutical powder blending and packaging operation, as well as develop strong relationships and partnership opportunities with other General Managers around the globe.Responsibilities Include:
- P&L responsibility including overall manufacturing plant oversight experience;
- Sales experience (BtoB) and strong customer relationship skills;
- Knowledge of powder blending and/or packaging within the US food and/ or dietary supplement market;
- Strong leadership orientation; enjoys people management and team building;
- Multi-cultural/international business expertise and experience dealing with foreign leadership;
- Results-oriented production, administrative and operational process planning;
- Working knowledge of contracts, regulatory and other legal issues;
- Technical background in buying and evaluating process equipment
- Know-how of technical and quality standards, regulatory requirements and production standards;
- Knowledge of lean process improvement;
- Ability to support QC Team for audits; quality standard enhancements (HACCP, FDA, GFSI, ORGANIC, KOSHER and NSF);
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Business Administration and Engineering (preferably with specialization in Food Production or related);
- 5 years + operations leadership in food production and/ or dietary supplement industry;
- 5 years + customer facing and relationship management experience;
- Strong experience in production planning and process optimization;
- Flexibility and "can do" attitude, proven by past experiences;
- Leadership competence with strong organizational skills and teamwork orientation;
- Expertise in technical matters and production processes;
- Entrepreneurial attitude and high ethical values when dealing with challenging situations;
- Expertise in cost control and customer focus;
- Up to date knowledge of the MS Office and experience in systems such as Navision, SAP and others;
- Fluent in English and working knowledge of Spanish, French, German desired.
***If you are interested in this role or other positions with The Garner Group, please submit your resume using the link below. Alternatively, you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Garner Group is an executive search firm serving clients in the Consumer Health, Food & Beverage and Nutrition industries. Typical clients include Manufacturers, Ingredient Suppliers, Marketers, Retailers, Distributors Dietary Supplements (Vitamin, Mineral, Herbal) Food & Beverage: Natural, Organic, Functional Nutritional Ingredients Sports & Performance Nutrition OTC, Personal Care and Pet Nutrition. We also work with Contract Manufacturing & Private Label companies to help find key talent to enhance their organizations.