20+ year old, international nutraceutical manufacturer is looking to hire a Formulation /Product Development Manager. The company focuses on developing, manufacturing and packaging herbal and vitamin - tablets and capsules. This role will report to the General Manager and manage 1-2 junior formulators. The role offers a long–term career opportunity in both product development and regulatory affairs. The position is located in the southern portion of the mid-west. Base salary, bonus, full benefits and relocation will be offered.
- Reports to the General Manager
- Responsible for reformulation of existing product line to improve manufacturing processes and/or finished goods under FDA GMP regulations.
- Responsible for new product development – taking conceptual input and developing marketable finished goods from the laboratory environment thru pilot plant scale up and into full production
- Formulate new and reformulate existing products as necessary for single and multiple herbal, vitamin, and/or mineral delivery systems including tablets, hard shell capsules, powdered drinks, softgel capsules, chewables (gummies), effervescents, and liquids.
- Experience in the development of solid dose formulations with emphasis in the nutritional areas of vitamins, minerals and herbals and other specialty enhanced products
- Experience in flavoring and taste masking of products
- Experience in the development of sports nutrition products
- Experience in granulations technologies such as pelletization, extrusion, high shear (continuous and batch process), spray drying, and fluid bed technologies
- Initiate protocols and set up stability studies with integrated time markers for potency, physical, taste and color testing
- Develop and implement design protocols for research analysis
- Experience in semi solids liquid development of ointments, creams and liquids formulations
- Broad skills in tableting including but not limited to: tablet tooling design and ordering; tablet press determination, setup and operation including B and D size presses. Understanding of physical tablet testing: hardness, thickness, friability, disintegration, and dissolution. Package determination for both bulk and finished dosage
- Experience with sizing and classification of materials using such equipment as: fitzmills, oscillators, pulverizers, tornado mills, granumills, etc
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in blending and material mixing skills as related to content uniformity
- Integrate and extrapolate data from various analytical techniques, such as particle size analysis, hardness, friability, dissolution, optical instrument, moisture analysis (LOD), density determinations, GC, HPLC, ICP FTIR, UV/VIS and microbiological parameters
- Compose technical documents and correspondence relating to findings from investigations of production products and procedures
- Write and revise batch records as necessary for scale up and production
Experience and Requirements:
- BS degree in a science related field and at least 10 years directly related experience (minimum of 5 years).
- Knowledge of FDA Dietary Supplement cGMPs and cGLPs is required. Degreed individuals having management experience will be given preference.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
You may apply for this or other Dietary Supplement Formulation positions by eamiling a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitting your resume below.