Research and Development Manager performs and/or assists in various phases of R&D and formulation development activities. R&D Manager will research for scientific evidence through a variety of resources, including internet to support the beneficial effects of the ingredients in the dietary supplements. R&D Manager will assist in creating supplement fact panels, procuring substantiation, and maintaining the R&D files.
R&D Manager will comply with GMP requirements and demonstrate ability to assist the R&D Team in development of dietary supplements, collecting all necessary documentation, including research papers, proofreading of advertising material, and maintaining the records.
R&D Manager works with R&D Team to ensure promised turn-around times on analyses are met. R&D Manager keeps abreast of current trends, practices, developments, and regulatory changes, which would impact products or formulations. R&D Manager must also demonstrate organization and good housekeeping habits.
- A minimum of the Bachelor's degree of Science in Chemistry or related fields.
- Experience appraising scientific research in relation to Structure/Function claims and marketing literature.
- At least five years of experience in the industry in a similar position. Must possess knowledge of dietary supplements, as well as experience with DSHEA, Prop-65, FDA and FTC regulations.
- Requires understanding of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Must be competent and profisicent in Windows, Internet, Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
If you are interested in this role or others with our client companies in the food production, dietary supplement, or nutritional / food ingredient industries, please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.